We believe that prayer is the key that will unlock the floodgates of God’s Blessings on First Baptist Church of Powder Springs. As a united family we will begin the New Year learning what it means to truly be "Kingdom Disciples". Our unified prayers as we dig deeply into God’s Word will prepare the soil for a great harvest culminating with DNow 2019.
May our love for our Savior and His Church cause us to pray with all our hearts, with all our souls, with all our minds and with all our strength.
Our hope is that this suggested prayer guide will keep our FBCPS family focused and unified as we pray together during the first 40 Days of 2019.
Week 1: January 1 – 5
Our Pastor, Staff and All Teachers
- Request: Pray that all of our Church leadership will be spirit-filled as they prepare and as they give leadership each Sunday.
- Scripture: Ephesians 6:18-19, Colossians 4:2-4
Week 2: January 6 – 12
You and Your Family
- Request: Spend some extra time alone with your Heavenly Father allowing His Holy Spirit to examine your heart. Pray together with your family taking time to share needs with each other.
- Scripture: Psalm 139:23-24, Psalm 51:10-12
Week 3: January 13 -19
Your Sunday Morning Connection Group
- Request: Using a list of all members, pray for every person out loud by name. Consider making others aware that you are praying for them.
- Scripture: James 5:16-18, Ephesians 1:15-23
Week 4: January 20 – 26
Revival for our Church and Christ’s Church in our Nation
- Request: Sometimes the best way to pray for our nation is to pray for revival in the Church! Pray for a transformation in our Church through a renewing of our minds through the Word of God. Pray fervently that the Body of Christ will rise up with a strong prophetic voice for America.
- Scripture: Psalm 85:6-7 Romans 12:2
Week 5: January 7 - February 2
The Lost and Unchurched
- Request: Please pray that the lost whose names are not written in the Lamb’s Book of Life will be spiritually awakened and come to salvation in Jesus.
- Scripture: Luke 19:10, 2 Peter 3:9, Romans 10:1
Week 6: February 3 – 9
- Request: Pray the making of New Disciples
- Scripture: Matthew 28:19-20,